Online PAN Card Correction | Download Pan Correction Form
PAN refers to Permanent Account Number which is a 10-digit alphanumeric code provided to a PAN card holder assigned to all income taxpayers in India. People outside India doing business operations in Indian also required having a PAN card.
It’s essential to have a PAN for all mandatory financial transaction such as opening a bank account along with cash deposits of Rs 50,000 or more. Also, it helps and importantly to file tax returns easily.
Therefore, prevention is better than care. For instance when you either lose or want some modifications to the existing PAN card. Then you need to follow few steps to get the work done. This indeed helps to save a lot of time and effort on your part.
How To Make Changes or Modifications in Pan Card Data?
Like most, an applicant who wants to bring some PAN Card Correction or alter some modifications in it can fulfill these below steps to get the work done. Ensure that you read the article to the end for better understanding.
- You need to visit the official site of UTI through from here and find the CSF Form which is located on the page.
- Then, Click on “Request for New PAN Card /Modification in PAN Card data”
- Once you fill up the form you can click to submit.
- Now, you have to pay the appropriate fees, the applicant is offered an acknowledgment number.
- Well, it’s done now you have to keep the acknowledgment number intact for checking the status of your modified PAN card.
Like in most scenarios an applicant has to visit the UTI website. There you’ll have a key in the acknowledgment number for the application and hit the submit tab. The status of the correction on PAN Card status will be shown off the computer screen.
Documents Required for Pan card correction
Pan card correction form of an existing PAN card or applying for a duplicate PAN card in case of loss or damage requires an applicant to hand over the relevant documents with the application form. There are few documents which can work depending on the individual type such as Firm, Group or an entity who is an Indian citizen.
Individual citizens / Hindu Undivided Family – An Indian HUF applying for the alteration in PAN card requires a valid proof of a government approved ID includes (Driver license, Aadhar, Passport, Ration card or so) and address proof includes ( DL, utility bill, domicile certificate). Also, an individual applicant requires keeping 2 passport size photos with the application.
Companies/Forms/ Partnership with their located office in India – Companies and other entities having their office in India should compile documents of registration by a competent authority along with their ID and address as a proof to bring modifications to their PAN
Foreign citizens – Citizens who are situated either in India or abroad are required to produce documents of an ID or an address proof to support their application. This should be either a passport or citizenship identification or a copy of PIO card etc.
Other foreign entities (Not an individual) – The entities having an ID and an address proof can be used for their registration certificate which is only country-specific either by the Indian High Commission or the Embassy of that country. A copy that resembles a local Indian authority also can work.
Required documents here for PAN card corrections are Name, Address proof, DOB along with Father’s name.
Supporting documents for change in PAN Card details like NAME, DOB, and FATHER’S NAME for the applicant
- Like in case of a change in name after marriage, marriage certificate and wedding invitation card, publication of name change in a gazette along with a copy of passport appearing the spouse’s name can also be used as supporting documents.
- Individual submitting a proof of publication of name in a change in the Gazette, or companies submitting the registration certificates for name change also partnership firms can submit the revised partnership deed and LLP must use the ROC for the alteration in the name.
- Change in name DOB of an individual along with the change in incorporation having to submit the documents with the proper date.
- The contact address mentioned in the application form will let the income tax department to do the updatation.
How To Change Address in Pan Card Online
When most people are relocating to different cities to pursue their career and work there is an equal possibility of change in address in PAN card. PAN Cardholders who need an alteration in communication address can do so by following the below steps.
- You need to fill a new form for a PAN card which can be done visiting the official website of TIN-NSDL.
- Then Click on Apply.
- Select “Correction in Existing Pan card” from Application Type.
- Therefore, all columns you see should be filled with ticking the box mentioned near the address for communication which is found in the left margin.
- Ensure that you mention the said address as of residence or office.
- While updating the address can be done mentioning a new address on a supplementary sheet along with the attached form
- Now, you need to submit the relevant proofs referring the change of address includes ( utility bulls, DL, with new address)
- Submit the form with all the supporting documents appropriate to the authorities.
Download Pan Card Correction Form
A Step-by-Step Procedure to Fill PAN Card Correction Form
In case of a change in PAN details or correction in certain cases such as change of name or misspelled name an applicant need to fill a separate PAN card correction form to request the UTIL with all relevant documents. The correction form needs to be filled up online and submitted thereafter by visiting the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website.
- The PAN card fill up form should be in no other language other than English.
- You need to enter 10-digit PAN number
- Fill up all the details in mandatory details along with proper details.
- The name should have any prefixes before the name such as Miss, Mr Shri
- No abbreviation is allowed such as Ltd. Pvt etc. But one can use the HUF if he belongs to a Hindu Undivided Family after his name
- Father name should be entered when the applicant is a girl and married.
- Contact address with all details like the town, city, and pin code need along with the zip code in case of foreign address should be maintained.
- Mobile number along with the fixed line number along with the country code and ISD code should also be submitted
- If Aadhar card is provided with the above-entered application then a copy of the Aadhar card also be produced with another supporting document to the NSDL.
- Check the left side of the column of the form where the correction is required
How To Check PAN Card Correction Application Status
The PAN is used for all financial transactions and it remains the same irrespective of change in the address. However, at times when PAN card is misspelled or filled with wrong address or even the DOB. In that case, the correction must be done at applicant end as-as quickly as possible to prevent future mishaps.
PAN Card correction Form 2018 – FAQ’s
- How to request for correction in my PAN card details now?
You can make use of official website TIN-NSDL then, Click on apply for PAN online.
Underneath the application type to choose to request for new PAN card for change in the correction on PAN data.
- Who can request for change or correction in PAN data?
Anyone looking to make a change in the Existing PAN card either having this following issue as:
- Wrong spelled details
- Alternation in the name of the following marriage for a person or for some other reason
- Modification or change in father’s name or date of birth.
- Do I need to pay a fee while requesting a change in PAN card detail?
Yes, you do have to pay a small amount in respect of applying for a correction on the PAN Card. If the change in the communication address in within Indian a fee of Rs 110 will be charged and that of outside India need to pay Rs 1020.
- Can I get PAN Card correction form & PDF format?
Yes, you can avail a both excel and PDF format and can download the latest correction form online.
Unlike, NSDL and UTIITSL a is pretty straightforward and direct. You can either fill out the form utilizing the direct online PAN correction forms using the following link.
Once you get the form in front of you. You need to specify the all the information that needs to be updated along with the payment information and hit the submit button.
PAN is an essential document that is used in all major business operations. However, its mandatory for all person to have PAN no as a reference to his/her income status.