How To Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card
A PAN (Permanent Account Number) card is basically a 10 digit code that allotted to all citizens of India. PAN is issued by the Income-tax department for all financial transactions for the government to keep track of transactions made by an individual.
Besides necessary filling, the income tax returns a PAN card also benefits using this as a proof of identity and age for everything such as investing in stock markets, booking tickets for a movie or even for a passport.
An Aadhaar is similar identification card issued by the Indian government to the citizens of India. It also serves as a proof of identity which consists of a personal identification such as biometric and demographic information of an individual.
It’s good to have information about the number of services and schemes made at work using Aadhar and PAN card. Therefore taking important note of this we proceed to a link pan with Aadhar.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card By SMS
Recently income tax department made it mandatory for all taxpayers to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card using an easy SMS based process.
Please read the SMS format to link Aadhaar card with PAN card.
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the following format:
UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10digit PAN>
For Instance, an SMS will look like
In other way, individuals can go up for the official website of the income tax department and can link Aadhar card with PAN card. This will facilitates two identity proofs under one account.
An individual receives an OTP from the Aadhar databases to the following registered mobile number whereas for taxpayers government of India has made is essential to mention the Aadhar card while e-filling income tax returns.
How To Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Online
As long as you have got these two documents you do not need to worry about anything. In order to link Aadhar card with PAN card, you have to first reach the income tax e-filling portal and proceed with few steps mentioned below.
Step 1 Go to the e-filing income tax department portal by entering the essential credentials.
Step 2, Click on “Link Aadhaar” From the left sidebar.
Step 3 All details pertaining to name, DOB is mentioned at the time of e-filing submitted at the time of registration on the portal.
Step 4 verify every detail correctly as on your Aadhaar card.
Step 5 After exact match enter the Aadhaar number and click on the link now button.
Step 6 A window will appear after correct submission stating ‘successful submission’ linked to your PAN card.
Correction Facility For Linking Aadhar Card With PAN Card
In certain cases when you linking of link Aadhar with PAN not successful, you can make changes to it through the UIDAI’s website or use the NSDL PAN portal. In case of errors or correction, you need to follow these simple steps ahead of the linking process.
- An individual can correct the PAN details using the E-filing website.
- The E-filing can redirect to a page where you can apply for the correction of your name.
- You are now able to submit the signed digital documents to your PAN details.
- Once you feel its correct can proceed to confirm the PAN by mail, you can link Aadhar card with PAN card.
- Go to the UIDAI webpage and proceed with the Aadhar and security code.
- An OTP will be sent out to the registered mobile number.
- In certain cases where change or corrections are needed an OTP can be used for verification.
- Once approved an individual can link Aadhar card with PAN card.
Importance of Linking Aadhar card with PAN card online
As you know Linking Aadhar card with PAN card online is important for all PAN applicants due to the following reasons.
- If you have a PAN card which is not linked with Aadhar then it’s the time to do so. To prevent permanent deactivation after March 2018. The government of India has made it compulsory to link all Aadhar card with PAN card.
- If not linked, you end up filing your income tax returns.
- An individual might be penalized for all details of taxes levied to him in future.
Now, you know by reading the entire article that the government has made it compulsory for everyone to link their identity or an entity for all subsequent financial transactions through linking Aadhar card with PAN card online under one same name.
By linking these two documents together you no longer need to submit Income Tax acknowledgment to the IT department hence, no much of hassle for taxpayers now.
- link pan card with aadhar
- pan card link with aadhar
- pan card link with aadhar card
- link pan card with aadhar card
- how to link pan card with aadhar card
- aadhar link with pan card
- pan link with aadhar card
- link pan with aadhar card
- how to link pan card with aadhar
- link aadhar card with pan card
- pan card link with aadhar card online